Brighouse BID is committed to supporting the businesses in Brighouse to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Brighouse highstreet has returned to business with some non-essential retail given the green light to reopen from 15th June. Below are some assets that can be downloaded to help with reopening and can be displayed within your business to give your customer’s confidence that you are complying with the government advice.
- We have produced a guide to help all businesses safely reopen which you can find HERE.
- Support for the licensed sector – a free and easy-to-read resource from Flow Hospitality which can be downloaded HERE.
- Advice by the World Health Organisation or WHO for workplaces can be found HERE.
- The BRC has published a useful guide for re-opening. The document is likely to be updated as government release policy so worth keeping checking our website for changes. The guide can be found HERE.
- Protecting Pedestrian Queues from a vehicle as a weapon attack – social distancing measures may require your business to manage customer flow, therefore it is likely that customers will form a queue outside your business. Read how to protect your customers from vehicle-borne threats HERE.
BASDA (a leading trade body for business software companies) have produced this guide to help all businesses anticipate and prepare how they safely manage ‘return to work’ scenarios for employees and to plan now for what is likely to be a phased return to the workplace.
Useful FREE downloadable posters for your business:
Brighouse BID has now provided over 200 social distancing markers in over 40 different businesses within the town centre. If you are a levy payer and would like more information please get in touch with us.
Brighouse BID is committed to supporting the town centre and supporting the local economy by delivering high-quality events. However, at this difficult time, we need to prioritise public health and safety. We are working closely to follow the Government’s guidance and have therefore decided upon the following:
1. You will have recently received your levy bill for 2020/2021 which is due in April. We will not be chasing any outstanding payments for at least three months until we know what the situation will be post-COVID-19.
2. The office on Bradford Road will now be closed until further notice. We will be available by telephone on 01484 937006 or email at email@example.com
3. All events in Brighouse have been postponed until further notice.
This course of action is dictated by government measures announced, almost daily – and in such unprecedented uncertainty – this is now our only option.
Due to the Government’s guidelines on social distancing and their declaration that emergency services will not support events, it is with heavy hearts that we have cancelled all of our events until further notice. We will continue to review the COVID-19 virus and follow Government guidelines before committing to organising events in the town centre.